If your computer has multiple active network interfaces (Ethernet, WiFi, VPN, etc.), then sometimes Windows may force the DS Manager Auto-discovery packet to only be sent out of your primary interface.
For DS Manager, you will reassign the "default" interface to the one that the Tibbo device is connected to, please follow the instructions below:
1. Open Command Prompt and type: route print - you will see a list of active routes, the last column displaying their "metric". Lower metric routes are preferred over higher ones.
2. Open the Network Adapter Properties (Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections > right-click on adapter and choose Properties)
3. Open the properties of Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
4. Click on Advanced.
5. Un-tick "Automatic Metric" and set the interface metric to a number.
6. Hit OK until you close the Network Adapter properties.
7. Repeat steps 2-6 for your other network adapter(s) choosing different metrics. Remember lower metrics are preferred over higher ones.
Please sign in to leave a comment.