Reset to Factory default - EM1000/EM2000/EM1001/EM2001
EM2000 EV board (EM2000EV) if EM1001/EM2000 module are used
Power adaptor to power EM2000EV
Router for Network LAN
TTL-to-USB device unit, along with corresponding drivers installed on your PC (https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Serial-Converter-Development-Projects/dp/B075N82CDL)
EM1000/EM2000/EM1001/EM2001 latest SOI firmware file on your computer
TDST (Tibbo Device Server Toolkit) on your PC
Device Explorer application preinstalled on your PC
This setup can be used for situations like:
- Recovering the module/board
- Reprogramming the module from scratch
- Unable to discover the module/board on LAN in DS Manager and Device Explorer
Before going forward, make sure that you have the SOI application which I treat as the default application for EM1000/EM2000/EM1001/EM2001 modules/boards to be downloaded on your PC from Tibbo's website.
Using the breadboard with EM1000/EM2000 modules you can make the connection layout with the nominal power supply of 3.3V and with EM1001/EM2001 boards you can use either a power adaptor of 12V or directly power input on pin 58.
Please check the pin assignment for each module/board on Tibbo's online documentation manual here
Please check the Image below for the connection layout with the USB-to-TTL device.
Please confirm the COM port detection before uploading the firmware. You can confirm it by going to the "Device Manager>>Ports" entity of your Windows OS; you should be able to see USB Serial Port (COMx). If you cannot see this, you need to install the drivers of the USB-to-Serial cable.
- Connect the Serial port to the TTL device shown in the connection layout
- Open Device Explorer application, assuming the EM1000/EM2000/EM1001/EM2001 module/board is undiscoverable, then you need to select the different option to upload the firmware
- Just click on "Upload" and select "Load Firmware Through the Serial Port (X-Modem)"
- Select the respective file of SOI firmware from your PC and select the correct COM port
- After selecting the correct COM port on your PC, disconnect the power from the EM1001/EM2001 board, HOLD the MD button for EM1001/EM2001 board, and plug in the power supply to EM1001/EM2001, release the MD button and you will observe the Firmware is uploading to the device
- The same is true for EM1000/EM2000 modules but the setup of MD has to be done manually with jumper wires
- Please wait till the firmware upload finish, reset the device and connect the ethernet cable to EM1001/EM2001 boards, verify the device will appear in Device Explorer for EM1001/EM2001 boards and for EM1000/EM2000 modules you can check using DS Manager in the "Serial Access" tab by accessing the settings of the modules
If the respective device appears then it means it is recovered or set back to factory default with the respective SOI application.